Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Speedy Recovery

Many of you have been praying for a speedy recovery for me. Thought I'd give you an update on the effects of your prayers! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I covet your continued prayers as there's still a long road ahead - particularly physical therapy for my jaw, as mobility is limited and bone grafting for dental implants since I lost 3 (possibly 4) front teeth ... I look like my 1st grade picture when I smile :-) More surgeries may be necessary IF (and only if) things don't heal correctly.

Though I'm on the road of recovery and getting better, please don't forget to pray for those who are on the road of cancer - enduring till a cure is found.

The day of the accident (Thursday, July 5th) at Queen of the Valley Emergency Room. Taken by ambulance to Oakland Kaiser where I stayed one night.





Monday, July 9th just before my outpatient surgery at Oakland Kaiser. They'll line up my jaw, plate my chin, and wire my jaw shut.






Saturday, July 14. Almost one week on a liquid diet here. One more week to go.







Saturday, July 21. Wires finally off! Diet limited to soft foods. But hey, at least I can eat! Lower lip and chin still numb. Getting ready to go to the annual fundraiser for the volunteer fire department that helped me the day of the crash.

No comments: