Monday, July 23, 2007

All Things Work Together

In an email I received from a friend, she wrote, "I can't wait to see how God's going to use this experience in your life!"

This statement caused me to pause ... not that my life is moving very fast these days ... but my heart and mind paused as I reflected on Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

What good could come out of such a horrific accident? Let me tell you ...

I truly experienced "God is with me" the moment of the accident, and every day as I'm getting stronger. And that I'm stronger than I realize.

I've been overwhelmed and humbled by the display of love from unexpected sources. While it is more blessed to give than to receive, I've been more open to receiving from others and have experienced how the display of love from others has blessed my heart so ... and how it's also blessed them ... to be able to minister to someone. Lord, never let me never hinder someone else's blessings.

I'm learning to live "one day at a time," and that recovery (both physical and emotional) is a process. Though I'm getting better, I have a long way to go. Though I'm not fullly healed, I'm amazed at how much better things already are! I'm learning not rush things and learning to be thankful for how things are ... today.

More to come, I'm sure ...

No comments: