Saturday, July 14, 2007

Extreme Makeover


I took off the bandage from my chin today!

The doctor said to keep the dressing on for 5 days, and with the surgery done on Monday, today is the day! I was chatting about it online with my sister-in-law, Darlene, last night. I was so excited. I told her how I've been cleaning my face everyday trying to take off as much "gunk" as i can with out irritating the areas that are still raw. You know, road rash scabs, dried neosporin, etc. It doesn't look like there'll be very much scarring.

In trying to make light of the situation, she said, "Don't worry, you'll look like a FOX when it's all over!" "A 'fox' I thought ... what year did THAT word come from?!" She said when she saw me with the bandage on my chin after the surgery, I looked like one of those people on Extreme Makeover. You know ~ they look all swollen and black and blue after the procedure, but after the recovery process, they look like a million buck$? She said they fixed my chin, and with my liquid diet, I'll probably lose alot of weight. And then I commented, "Ya, and I get new teeth too!" We had a good laugh.

Extreme Makeover - I've caught glimpses of it on TV but would always change the channel, because I could never sit through the show without getting queasy. And that's exactly how I felt while taking off my bandages. I was all weak in the knees, breathing all uneasy, feeling slightly faint ... only to discover the incision site to be less than an inch!

I find it odd that I can be strong falling off my bike at 36 mph, hitting the ground first with my chin, I can be okay at home for 4 days waiting to have my broken jaw fixed, I can endure surgery, soups, and smoothies ... but be a total baby taking a bandage off my face!!

You'll never see me on one of those Extreme Makeover shows. I don't have the stomach for it. Besides, personally, FOXY is over rated.

(Two of my mentors ~ Ruth and the Proverbs 31 woman.)

No comments: