Saturday, July 14, 2007

Post-Wire Menu

I've never been one to prepare meals based on a weekly menu. I know it makes for more efficent and cost-effective shopping, but how can you prepare pot roast or spaghetti for dinner when you feel like eating enchilladas or sushi?! Anyway, I am sooo missing my meals.

I have a friend, Lucas, for whom food is nothing more than a source of nutrients. Every meal is just a plate of numbers for him. For me ~ I love everything about food. I don't have a food addiction or anything. I just love the visual presentation and the aromas that fill the room of a beautifully plated dish. I love the way the textures and bold flavors make my taste buds dance. And I love the little dance the palate engages in going from appetizer to salad to entre to desert. This one course soup stuff just isn't cutting it for me, but I have at least one more week to go.

Here's what I'm looking forward to once these darn wires come off (not in any particular order) ...

Chicken Katsu and Rice from L & L Hawaiian BBQ
Shrimp Gamberi from Pasta Pomodoro
Carne Asada Fries from Baldos
Pasta e Fagioli Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks from Olive Garden
My mom's Kare Kare
Melting Albacore Sushi and Vegetable Tempura from Sushi King
Mongolian Beef from Happy Garden
Stuffed Eggplant from Jay's Garden

I'm sure I'll be adding more items to my menu as the week progresses :-p

My mouth is watering ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about fish tacos at Rubios??? $1 Tuesdays after 4 PM .... From Krystel