Saturday, July 21, 2007

Finally Out and About

What a great way to celebrate the removal of my wires and the completion of my liquid diet - Attended the Annual Home Winemakers Classic at St. Supery Winery in Rutherford with some good friends this evening. The Classic’s sole purpose is to raise money to support the Dry Creek-Lokoya Volunteer Fire Department www.drycreek.org, the department that arrived when I crashed. I really wanted to go to this fundraiser to not only support the Department, but to personally meet and thank Ken who helped me and kept our bikes while I was in the ER.

To my surprise, not only was Ken there, but we also ran into Tony, the ER doctor who took care of me at Queen of the Valley! (Ken to the left, Tony on the right.)

I was thrilled to be able to meet and thank the both of these noble and humble men personally. (They said it's rare they ever get to see the people they work on after they send them off to the next place.) I was also excited to be able to finally get out and enjoy the beautiful weather with some good friends, laugh it up, and talk up a storm ... ok, maybe just short of a storm ;-)

No comments: