Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I Raced The Sun And Won


I had to get an easy ride in before what I know will be a tough one on Thursday, so I did my Lake Herman route this evening. It's still odd to me that I now call that 16.5 miles an easy ride, because I clearly recall the first time I did it. I WANTED to turn around at mile 7, certain I wouldn't be able to make it home if I went any further. But Jean wouldn't go for it ... and I did make it up the hill and back home ... I thanked her at the end for not letting me quit half way.

So tonight I went out at 7 pm determined to make it home before sunset.

Lots of headwinds, but I finished the short ride strong in 1 hr 17 mins ... AND WITHOUT MY GRANNY GEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME !!

Thanks for Deer Park and Howell Mountain, Jun. Whatcha got in store this week?!

No comments: