Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I Said No!

Andrew and I rode again Thanksgiving morning! First ride w/ his clipless pedals, so I was a bit worried ... but he did great. He'd been doing 7.5 mile rides, so I was determined to get him to the Lake Herman exit this time. Didn't quite go as planned, but it was a pretty funny ride, nonetheless.

We stopped where he's been turning around to head back. He drank some water, and I asked if he was ready for more. He said nope. I'm turning around right here. We bantered back and forth till he finally agreed to ride out a little more ... just past that tree over there, I said. Well, he rode waaay past the designated tree; and when he stopped, he turned his bike around to make it perfectly clear that he wasn't planning on riding out any farther. I asked anyway, "You gonna ride some more after you rest?" He just said, "NO." So we turned around and headed back home.

I laugh because it reminds me of the first time I rode the Lake Herman Loop. There was a spot where I stopped, turned around, and refused to go any farther. I argued because I was sure if I went all the way to Lake Herman, I wouldn't be able to ride back. I begged, I pleaded. My friend simply said, "NO!" And we turned around and continued back up the hill.

Although he didn't make it to Lake Herman, I DO give Andrew credit for doubling his regular mileage and riding 14 miles. I added miles towards the end of our ride :-) Rolling again this weekend.

By the way, I mentioned being ready to take on Mt. Veeder soon. Andrew and the girls immediately gave a resounding "NO!" Do I really have to wait till THEY are ready?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do....for now...