Friday, November 9, 2007

Downtime

Feelin' better after deciding to give myself some much needed (biking) downtime - not that I'm doing all that much. But it's amazing what no calendar, no schedule, no goal, and no measuring can do. It's all self-imposed, really ... the pressure and expectations. But with Andrew getting his bike, and with his "I'm not doing no endurance event, I'm doing this for my heart" statement, I've found myself sort of easing up on the "training mentality" and just feeling excited to be able to spend some time on the road behind him! Funny thing is, he hasn't been able to ride yet. After he bought his bike, his gout flared up. But we're hoping to do some pedaling around this weekend. Even HE is looking forward to it! And you know what? I'm kinda missing golf!

Just a medical update - I've been given a clean bill of health from my physical therapist! Though I will miss Petra and her warm, German-accented, chit-chattiness ~ I will NOT miss her jaw-bone stretching treatments ;-) Now just my orthodontist and chiropractor appointments. Whew.

(My surgery was 4 months ago today.)

No comments: