Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Bittersweet Anticipation


Bittersweet - arousing pleasure tinged with sadness.

I'll be at the Marin Metric this Saturday, August 4th ~ but as a spectator and not as a participant. Tomorrow will mark one month since my accident.

I want to be there to support the team, to cheer them on, and to high-five them in congratulations when they roll into the finish line. For some, this is THE ride. For others, it's the half-way mark to the Honolulu Century (100 miles). They've trained hard, harder than they ever thought they could, and they've touched lives that they never thought they would, by raising money to help find a cure for blood cancers. BRAVO!

While I'm excited for them, I can't help but feel a sense of disappointment for not being able to ride with them. But I'll have my turn too, this I know. I have another follow up with my surgeon tomorrow.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

nice blog. Why don't you try to earn money from your blog?