Thursday, August 23, 2007

Grin And Bear It

I got my teeth! A single unit that appears to be 4 teeth. Though they are "false" teeth, they won't have the tendency to accidentally fall out since I have braces. They have brackets on them, just like my other teeth, and are secured by the wire from my braces.

My dentist, orthodontist, and their staff were wonderful in coordinating my extraction, dental impression, and delivery of the appliance so that I could have teeth as quickly as possible.

I was excited to have them put in. They look great; you can't even tell they're fake. But I got disappointed when I saw that there's still alot of work to do on the jaw - my bite's all off. My back teeth touch, but my front teeth don't, so i'm using rubber bands to hopefully guide it up some.

It was a bummer when the orthodontist said by Christmas we'll know if I need another surgery by how much the rubber bands were able to do, as the bones should be fully healed by then.

Today, however, my chiropractor said she can aid some in the proper alignment of the right side of my jaw, which is still a little off. So, thankfully, all my health providers are working together well for my best interest.

So it's been kind of a rough couple days ... but I'm doing better.

Spent the afternoon with my brother picking up and playing with his brand new, all carbon road bike. That was fun!

Oh, remind me to introduce you to DUSTY ... (next post) ...

No comments: