Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bit Off More Than I Could Chew

Just over 7 weeks since the accident ~ I guess with the new teeth and all, I got a little optimistic and thought I'd go for the Porterhouse Steak instead of the ground beef! I realize I probably bit off more than I could chew yesterday, attempting to do 16.5 miles the first time back in the saddle. 8 miles really isn't that bad. Was I disappointed? Ya, at first I was. But this has been my encouragement ...

Philippians 4:11-13

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

... and for me, I'm learning that "everything" may sometimes mean doing "nothing", or "not quite so much" ...

This has definitely been a growing season for me.

No comments: