Saturday, September 1, 2007

NEW GOAL : TAHOE, JUNE 2008


CLEARED TO RIDE !!!

To my donors, family, and friends ~ It’s been 8 weeks since my accident and I just wanted to update you and thank you for your support, both through your finances and your friendship. I am recovering very well.

You’ll be glad to know that TNT has allowed me to transfer the funds you donated to another event once I’m ready to roll!

I was hoping for Arizona in November, but that team is already a few rides into training. And although I finally have clearance to ride, I have to remind myself I’m still recovering. This was quite evident when I over did it by riding 8 miles my first time out. There’s no way I’d be ready for an endurance event by November.

I’ve been instructed to take it slow so that I can heal well. Short, indoor rides on the trainer for me until my jaw fully stabilizes and I build up my endurance. Official training with TNT for America’s Most Beautiful Ride in Tahoe starts in February 2008.

This 100-mile century starts with an out and back on Highway 89 / bike trail to visit historic Truckee, CA. America’s Most Beautiful Ride then circumnavigates the highways clockwise around Lake Tahoe, in both Nevada and California. It includes a challenging 800-foot climb to a rest stop overlooking Emerald Bay and a 1,000-foot climb to Spooner Junction. There are also many short rolling ascents and descents totalling over 2,600 vertical feet of elevation gain! The altitude ranges between 6,300 feet and 7,100 feet above sea level.

Thanks again for being a part of this journey of mine.

No comments: