Monday, June 4, 2007

Time Trial Prep


Took advantage of the off weekend to preview next week's time trial ride:
Dry Creek Road starting at Alston Park in Napa ~ 27.5 miles.
(Only the first 8 miles is the time trial.)

I did the first 16 miles of the ride about a month ago with Jean and had to stop twice going up and once coming back. This past Saturday, I did the entire 27.5 miles stopping only at the appointed places! I could definitely feel an improvement - in my body and in my mind.

I'm loving it ... cycling ...
Up and ready to roll while most people are still snoring,
The crisp, cool, morning air in my lungs and wind in my face,
Sites of vineyards, wild flowers, deer, and streams,
Oh and the solitude ... I savor the solitude,
Not to mention the feeling of accomplishment at the top of a hill :-)

I think I'm hooked.

No comments: