Wednesday, June 27, 2007

GET OVER IT !


I'm going out for a lengthy ride with a friend tomorrow. Gonna tackle some hills, because I was told the only way to improve your climbing is to get out and climb. So I've just gotta get over it!

Another thing I'm gonna have to get over ... "bike lust" as someone called it.


I went to Ray's Cycle to have them make some slight adjustments to my bike before my ride tomorrow. Of course I had to do the once around the shop. I've been in the market for a new saddle, but I just wanted to skirt the other side of the store briefly just to check out what kind of bikes they carry in their inventory. I saw some kids' bikes, some uni-cycles, some Treks, some $1500 - $2000 bikes ... and then there it was ... right in front of me ... black and white ... shiney and new ... as if there was a bright light or halo glowing around it ... and I thought I honestly heard a voice calling out to me ... "BUY ME ~ I'M ON SALE ~ BUY ME!" A Specialized Dolce with a carbon fork, carbon fiber legs and seat post. I found myself caressing the frame ever so gently till the sales man startled me by asking if I liked the extra brake levers on the flat part of the handlebars.

I felt a tinge of guilt since I was still holding my Fuji Finest in my left hand. How could I ever think to replace her ... Time to go home for a cold shower.

No comments: