Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ginger


I've been told that I will be surprised at the responses I'll get when people find out I'm riding w/ TNT to help find a cure for blood cancers. It's so true.

I've had many say, "Are you CRAZY?!"
But on Sunday afternoon, I had someone say, "THANK YOU."

She didn't tell me this until I mentioned I was training to bike a century with TNT, but my new friend has cancer and has been in remission for 4 months.

I didn't ask what type of cancer, as I figured she would have shared that with me if she wanted to. I didn't want to focus on the disease, rather on the fact that she's not alone.

I told her I would add her name to my bracelet and will be riding in her honor as well.

She has since emailed me asking for prayer. So I'm looking forward to becoming her pen-pal. Wait, is there still such a thing!

Please pray for the countless others who feel they are alone in their battle against cancer.

No comments: