Saturday, June 9, 2007

Time Trial ... For Real


Same ride as last week - totally different results! OMG, was it tough for me today. Whereas last week, I immediately came home to host a party with 15 incoming 7th graders and about 50 friends and family, right now I just want to sleep!

The important thing is I FINISHED. I may have been the last person in :-( but I finished.

I felt it as soon as I got into my 2nd of 27 miles; I just wasn't feeling as strong as last week. "What's the deal?" I thought to myself. "It's too early to be tired!" What's different, I asked myself ~ not to whine~ but so I can make sure I don't do it again.

Well for one, I didn't ride at all during the week. I've got to at least get on the trainer if I can't get out there to meet the wind. Also, I felt the pressure to keep up - not with the speed racers - but at least with our group! I gotta remember to go at my own pace. And most importantly, not enough fluids. I've felt parched all week because of my ... never mind ... I just haven't been drinking enough all week, so my tank was already low.

But I finished ... with lots of encouragement along the way ... thanks Susan for pulling up the rear with me :-) Oh, and Andrew was at the finish to greet me!

1 comment:

Lisa Clark said...

Go Tessa, Go! Best wishes & my prayers are with you.
Lisa Clark