Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's A Much Better Ride ... Than It Is A Drive

Because I had an appointment this afternoon, I opted out of today's buddy ride, and Andrew and I had a rare, free Saturday morning to ourselves. Still surprised and elated over completing 47.5 miles in Yountville on Thursday, I convinced Andrew to a yummy brunch and a nice drive in ... you guessed it ... Yountville :-)

Casual patio dining at Pacific Blues Cafe. Lox and bagel for me. Breakfast burrito for Andrew. And wonderful conversation for the both of us.

God bless Andrew. I love my husband. While I know he enjoys a nice restaurant, I also know he doesn't like to drive. But I wanted to show him the route we took, share the funny stories along the way, and so he did it anyway ... for me :-) Yes, we drove the 47.5 miles. But you know what? As much as I enjoyed my outing with him, it is a much better ride than it is a drive. You're right Andrew ~ we didn't really have to drive it. I'm sorry I put you through it ;-)

First, I felt a little queasy winding up and down the hills. Second, I feared we'd run out of gas. And third, driving, we zoomed by and barely noticed things that I was able to gaze upon and admire while riding. So I've come to appreciate the slower pace ... in riding and in life.

Remembering to refuel, we bought gourmet pastries at Bouchon after the drive ... yummo ;-)

No comments: