Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pungent - Bovine - Road Kill

TNT Stafford Lake Ride

BRUTAL!

So brutal that I can only think in blurbs at this time ...

Top 10 Most Notable Moments:

10. Lots of cows ... i mean LOTS of cows. You wanna take a deep breath, but then you don't.
9. 3 huge birds feasting on the carcass of a skunk. "Pfew, that's pungent," someone says. And I automatically think of a friend who'll randomly ask people how they smell their fingers.
8. The breathtaking views along Hwy 1 and Tomales Bay and ... my dead camera in my jersey pocket.
7. Dropping my chain in the last 5 miles of the ride.
6. 49.59 total miles
5. 3,529 feet of climbing
4. Wilson Hill - definitely more than just a hill
3. Marshall Wall - just as it's name implies
2. Coach Dave "lying on the side of the road like a beached whale 30-feet from the shore." (His words)
1. Coach Dave lying on the side the road like a beached whale 30-feet from the shore. My words - "ROAD KILL!"

No comments: