Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm thankful for ...

My brother Rob, Instant Messaging, and YouTube.  (In the background playing Where's Waldo? is one of my sisters, Ana.)

Since my accident, my brother and I have been spending much more time together.  During my recovery, he'd stop by and bring me smoothies and watch the Tour de France with me.  He used to be an avid cyclist, so it's been cool to share this experience with him.  We IM each other almost every day - usually my asking him cycling questions, and he sending me informative links. In fact, he's since sold his old clunker of a bike and bought a full carbon one, and we've done several rides together.  He even helped SAG (support and gear) at our Novato ride this past Saturday!  Thanks Rob.  I love you!

Anyway, I was getting ready to do my Sunday afternoon recovery ride.  While topping off my tires, I broke the pin in the valve of the inner tube and knew I'd have to skip the ride and would have my first experience changing a tire.  

I immediately IM'd my brother, because although we had a quick clinic on fixing a flat at our very first TNT ride, it really isn't something you remember how to do until you've done it yourself.  Of course, Rob sends me a YouTube link on "How to fix a flat,"  and coaches me via IM along the process. So after much trial and error (and grease on my hands and laptop), we got the job done.  Thanks again Rob!

No comments: