Sunday, March 2, 2008

Flat My Foot!

I will no longer believe our coach's email if it ever says the course will be "relatively flat."

This was one of the beautiful sites on our 39-mile Sonoma ride yesterday. Flats, rollers, and 3 hills, one of which was Duhig Road - a long gradual incline along the left side of this winery. The stately architecture served as a momentary distraction from our physical exertion.

Updates and Exciting News:
- Recently reconnected with a couple long lost friends - a junior high friend from Virginia, and an old friend from CAL. Unfortunately, I learned my CAL buddy was diagnosed with CML - the same form of Leukemia that Roman has. The good news is medication is keeping him well and in remission.
- Braces come off May, 14th! I'll be fitted for a retainer that'll have 4 prosthetic teeth which I'll wear until I can get dental implants.
- Roman and Jun are well into their rigorous (TNT) IronMan training.
- Trish and Leona, Roman's sister and cousin (which make them my cousins-in-law) are also participating in an endurance event, LLS's Hike for Discovery .
- This will truly be an exciting year as we celebrate the culmination of our endurance events and celebrate Roman's 5th year in remission.

No comments: