Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Belated Christmas and New Year!


Santa was good to me this year. Truth be told, he always spoils me, not just at Christmastime. Goodies under the tree included a headband that keeps my ears warm while riding, road shoes sans laces, a new saddle, and an iPhone! But riding has been at a minimum as of late due to the holidays, the family parties, the weather, and the flu which made it's way around the family 1.25 times.

But I'm back in form ... eating form, that is :-) I guess the jaw's doing better, as I've been able to eat more. Yikes! Thank goodness training starts at the end of the month.

On a more serious note, not long after my last post, I received a sobering phone call from an old friend. A mutual friend of ours was recently diagnosed with cancer and would begin chemo on January 2nd. Please add George to your prayers. In June, I'll be riding in honor of him, among others.

Let's remember to count our blessings.

No comments: