Monday, January 28, 2008

"It's Not the Thai Food"

There's been a lot of rumbling going on in the underbelly of my life. At the beginning of the year, my prayer was that I would be more aware of God's grace, and that I would in turn be more graceful and impart more grace to others in my life. I have been overwhelmed (in a good way). I feel revitalized. And I feel even more empowered to make what may seem like small but necessary adjustments in my life, so that I CAN be more graceful. I am hopeful. I am excited. I am blessed. I am full ... and not cuz I ate ;-)

Yesterday was my 40th birthday. It seems odd to say that, but I celebrated it proudly. In fact, I've decided to celebrate this milestone all year long :-) Why? Because life should be celebrated. I was profoundly reminded of that at Treasure Island yesterday while watching two of my friends complete an olympic distance triathlon event in the cold and the rain. Why would anyone subject themselves to that rigorous of an ordeal in less-than-desirable circumstances?  Because they can.  

Count your blessings.

No comments: