Monday, December 17, 2007

Stop Being Such A Whiner

I'm realizing how self-centered I am. My once philanthropic riding endeavor has become this near obsession to progress, achieve, and conquer. I've lost sight of the fact that ...

~ every five minutes, someone new is diagnosed with blood cancer
~ every 10 minutes, someone dies
~ Leukemia causes more deaths than any other cancer among children and young adults under the age of 20

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services. The Society's mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.

My cycling challenge isn't just for cycling' sake ... but to help raise funds to save lives. I need to be more mindful of that every time I'm tempted to beat myself up for falling short.

No comments: