Friday, May 9, 2008

I'd like to thank the academy ...


I'm so excited!  On Wednesday, I'll be getting my braces off!  

I was already wearing braces when I crashed back in July.  The neat thing is, several doctors mentioned that had I NOT been wearing braces, I'd probably have lost more of my teeth.

I'll be wearing my new retainer, which will have 4 prosthetic teeth on them. After my cycling event in July, I'll begin the (dental) implant process, which will probably take 6-8 months to complete.  And then that will mark the end of my post-accident treatment plan.  The end is in sight, and I'll finish well thanks to my fabulous health care team!

Dr. Robert Wagner, Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Joseph Buchanan, Orthodontist

Dr. Petra Kubler, Physical Therapist

Dr. Jennifer Manickam, Primary Care Physician

Dr. Jessica Melchior, Occupational Therapist

Dr. Larry Lim, General Dentist

Dr. Susan Salem, Chiropractor

Dr. Mark Price, Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Nestor Karas, Maxillofacial Surgeon

Dr. Curtis Barmby, Prosthodontist


No comments: