Monday, April 28, 2008

Give Yourself A Time Out


I won't be making the 65-mile ride in Yountville this Saturday. Instead, I'm taking a brief break from training to attend my church's women's retreat at Silver Spur this weekend. The theme ~ Renew, Refresh, Rejuvenate ... based on Psalm 23:2-3a ... "He makes me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul."

Oh, how we all need to retreat sometimes. Even seemingly "good" activities can add to the noise in our lives. Sometimes we get so used to the noise that the stillness and quiet can be quite uncomfortable. But God says, "Be still ... be still and know that I am God."

You don't necessarily have to go away for the weekend, but make it a point to give yourself a time out ... regularly. We schedule appointments and workouts, coffee dates with friends to find out how they're doing. Why not block out some time for you ... to check on how you're doing. Be still for just a bit and remind yourself that He is God, and I am not ... which is a good thing :o)

No comments: